Thomas E. Wiswell
|Colleagues & Benefactors:|
| Edgar J. Schoen|
Brian J. Morris
Daniel T. Halperin
Jake H. Waskett
Thomas Wiswell was a doctor at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
Wiswell is a common Jewish surname (Why is this important?).
Starting in 1983, he began to produce a series of egregiously flawed studies that claimed circumcision reduced the incidence of urinary tract infections. All have long since been thoroughly discredited. Wiswell associates with the Gilgal Society, a circumfetish group.
- Gilgal Society -- Wiswell associates with Gilgal.
- Edgar J. Schoen -- Colleague & Benefactor of Wiswell.
- Brian J. Morris -- Colleague & Benefactor of Wiswell.
- Daniel T. Halperin -- Colleague & Benefactor of Wiswell.
- Jake H. Waskett -- Colleague & Benefactor of Wiswell.
- ↑ Wiswell, Thomas; Wayne Hachey (1993-03). [Urinary Tract Infections and the Uncircumcised State: An Update "Urinary Tract Infections and the Uncircumcised State: An Update"]. Clinical Pediatrics 32 (3): 130-4. PMID 8453827 doi: 10.1177/000992289303200301 . Urinary Tract Infections and the Uncircumcised State: An Update. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- ↑ Wiswell TE, Smith FR, Bass JW. Decreased incidence of urinary tract infections in circumcised male infants. Pediatrics 1983 may;75(5):901-3
- ↑ Wiswell TE. Circumcision and urinary tract infections. Pediatrics 1986; 77: 267-8.
- ↑ Wiswell TE, Roscelli JD. Corroborative evidence for the decreased incidence of urinary tract infection in circumcised male infants. Pediatrics 1986;78:96-99.
- ↑ Wiswell TE, Enzenauer RW, Holton ME, Cornish JD, Hankins CT. Declining frequency of circumcision: implications for changes in the absolute incidence and male to female sex ratio of urinary tract infections in early infancy. Pediatrics 1987; 79: 338-42.
- ↑ Wiswell TE, Hachey WE. Urinary tract infections and the uncircumcised state: an update. Clin Pediatr (Phila) 1993; 32: 130-4.
- ↑ AAP Task Force on Circumcision. Circumcision Policy Statement. Pediatrics 1999;103(3):686-693.
- ↑ Van Howe RS. Effect of confounding in the association between circumcision status and urinary tract infection. J Infect 2005;51(1):59-68.
- ↑ Morris, Brian (2007). Vernon Quaintance. ed. Sex and circumcision: What every woman needs to know.. London, England: Gilgal Society. http://www.circinfo.net/pdfs/GFW-EN%200712-1.pdf.
- ↑ Thomas, A. (2005). "Case histories and experiences of circumcision". In Vernon Quaintance. Circumcision: An Ethomedical Study. Fourth Edition. London, England: The Gilgal Society. pp. 191. EMS-EN 0304-2. http://www.circleaks.org/images/d/d6/Gilgal_porn.pdf.
- ↑ Christopher P Price. Male Non-therapeutic circumcision: The Legal and Ethical Issues. In Male and Female Circumcision, Medical, Legal, and Ethical Considerations in Pediatric Practice (Denniston GC, Hodges FM and Milos MF eds.) New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 1999: 425-454. http://www.cirp.org/library/legal/price2/