Ronald H. Gray
|Colleagues & Benefactors:|
| Maria Wawer|
Robert C. Bailey
Brian J. Morris
| Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation|
National Institutes of Health
Ronald Gray with his wife, and
colleague, Maria Wawer.
Ronald Gray is a North American circumcision proponent and biased researcher looking for justifications to roll-out mass circumcision programs around the world. He headed one of the three RCTs being used by the WHO to endorse circumcision as HIV prevention. At their clinic, a music video promoting circumcision plays continuously. He sometimes goes by the name Ron.
Ronald Gray's RCT
Of the three RCTs being used by the WHO to promote circumcision as HIV prevention, Gray supervised the RCT that was carried out in Uganda. Two other RCTs were supervised by Robert C. Bailey and Bertran Auvert respectively. All three RCTs were funded by the American National Institutes of Health.
- ↑ "Information Package on Male Ci rcumcision and HIV Prevention". World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/hiv/mediacentre/infopack_en_1.pdf. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- ↑ "Rakai Project". JohnsHopkinsSPH. YouTube. 2010-10-01. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXFdXJaG8k#t=8m37s. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- ↑ "Rakai Male Circumcision Video By Stephen Mugamba Feat Jemima Sanyu.mpg". smugamba. YouTube. 2010-06-06. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtEdNl322Q. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Morris, Brian James; Ron Gray, Xavier Castellsagué, F. Xavier Bosch, Daniel T. Halperin, C. A. Hankins, and Jake H. Waskett (2011-03-09). "The Strong Protective Effect of Circumcision Against Cancer of the Penis". Advanced in Urology. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/au/aip/812368/. Retrieved 2011-03-13.
- ↑ Gray RH. Kigozi G, Serwadda D, et al. Male circumcision for HIV prevention in men in Rakai, Uganda: a randomised trial. Lancet 2007;369:557-66.
- ↑ "The Use of Male Circumcision to Prevent HIV Infection". Doctors Opposing Circumcision. 2008. Archived from the original on 2011-03-05. http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/info/HIVStatement.html. Retrieved 2011-03-05. "...funding from the United States National Institutes of Health to conduct randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in Africa."
- ↑ Gray RH, Bailey RC, Morris BJ (June 2010). "Keratinization of the adult male foreskin and implications for male circumcision". AIDS 24 (9): 1381; author reply 1381–2. doi:10.1097/QAD.0b013e3283392555. PMID 20559044.