|David R. Tomlinson|
The AccuCirc is a one-time use, single-action circumcision device. According to the website, it's supposed to "help physicians provide precise, consistent, and reliable outcomes". Ironically, it is supposed to "protect infants from injury during circumcision." It was invented by David R. Tomlinson, and it was approved by the FDA on the basis is was substantially equivalent to existing circumcision devices.
- David R. Tomlinson -- Inventor of AccuCirc.
- World Health Organization -- AccuCirc Inventor is "chief circumcision expert" at the W.H.O.
- ↑ "About AccuCirc". 2011. http://www.accucirc.com/about.php. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- ↑ S. Katz, Paula (2008-09). "Night work without burnout". Today's Hospitalist. http://todayshospitalist.com/index.php?b=articles_read&cnt=647. Retrieved 2011-09-26. "...an invention: a circumcision tool to help prevent HIV that has recently been cleared by the FDA."
- ↑ Brogdon, Nancy C., ed. (2007-09-07), "Department of Health & Human Services", Dear Mr. Wallace, Food and Drug Administration, http://www.accucirc.com/documents/AccuCirc_510k.pdf, retrieved 2011-03-06